Showing posts from December, 2020

National Violent Offender

CRC Domestic Violence Awareness Month - Together We Heal



  Prosecutor Brochure for DV OP - FOR PROFESSIONALS A Prosecutor's Guide to Full Faith and Credit for Protection Orders Protecting Victims of Domestic Violence


The name, "The Weaker Vessel", was derived from The Holy Bible, (I Peter Chapter 3 Verses 7-9) where The Word Of God explains how husbands and wives are to treat each other. Verses 7,8 & 9 reads:

Elder Rights & Resources

It serves as a call-to-action for individuals, organizations and communities to raise awareness about elder abuse, neglect and exploitation. Many local organizations have scheduled events on and around June 15th. We hope you will join others around the nation and world in observing this important day by carrying out activities such as:


In litigation, an order that prevents the disclosure of sensitive information except to certain individuals under certain conditions. In a domestic dispute, an order that prevents one party from approaching another, often within a specified distance.

Domestic Violence Main Points

Emergency physicians are patient advocates who see the problem firsthand and can play an important role in breaking the cycle of family violence. Violence against women is an urgent public health problem with devastating consequences for women, children and families. Family violence is a widespread problem that affects all ages, genders, races, educational backgrounds and socioeconomic groups.

Court orders protection

Domestic violence Court orders protection It.s a criminal offence to break a non-molestation court order, and if your partner does so, he or she may be sent to court on a criminal charge. Breaking an occupation order or undertaking, like refusing to leave home, you can then bring the case back to court and ask for a punishment for your partner. This is your choice, as nobody else will know if the order has been broken. In any case, if the order is broken, tell your solicitor immediately, and then at least you can discuss what to do next. Breaking an undertaking can be punished also. There may be a .power to arrest. clause with an occupation order, which means the police can arrest your partner right away if they break the order. The police will then take your partner back to court. If this happens you will need to attend court to explain what happened, and give an idea how you want your partner punished. A power to arrest clause is usually when the judge believes that your partner

Domestic violence court orders

In the main, there are two types of court orders: Non molestation orders. and Occupation orders. The first informs your partner they are not allowed to harass, threaten violence, pester, or intimidate you or your children in any way. The order stops a broad range of negative behavior, such as phone calls, etc. It also prevents you being threatened by any third parties your partner might try and use. Breaking this court order is a criminal offence. The second (occupation order) is if you must be kept separate from your partner due to the severity of the case, and to protect you. You will need this order to say who can live in the home. It deals with any of the following: One of you is ordered to leave the property You can be ordered to let the other party return to the property One of you is ordered to keep away from the property One of you is ordered to stay out of parts of the property. Courts can also impose. One of you is ordered responsible for the repair and maintenance of t

Domestic violence attorneys / solicitors

A solicitors job is to give you advise about what they can do for you, and the best directions for you to go down. You may not need to go as far as court to get the best result. Sometimes the threat of legal action is enough, for example an email or letter from your solicitor to your partner. You may be entitled to legal aid, to help pay for your court proceedings, and your solicitor should look into this for you. This depends on your salary and the assets you have and their monetary value. You may have to pay towards your legal costs. The form on which you apply for public funding, asks whether or not your have reported the issue to the police. It also asks whether you have considered other options such as a letter from your solicitor, which may be a better option and mean you won.t need to use public funding. A letter on its own may not be the correct thing, if you wish to bring civil proceedings regarding your home. Your solicitor should explain this to you. In the case of you no

Domestic violence policy

The police may arrest your partner if they believe they have reason to do so and they may hold them for a limited period of time (usually over night). They will investigate the issue to find out if a crime has been committed. It is likely you will need to help the police with their investigation. Ultimately it is the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) who will decide whether or not your partner should be taken to court. During this process you should not feel you have to put a complaint against your partner; this should remain your choice. However, dropping a complaint you have against your partner may lead to the police asking you about your decision. The CPS has the right to prosecute your partner if there is enough evidence. In very serious cases of violence or abuse, your partner could be sent to jail. If your partner is on bail, the police or court may stop them from visiting your home or your place of work, and from contacting your children. Social Service worker may get invo

Domestic violence Legal advice

After you have sorted out your short term safety, you can look at taking legal steps so you are protected in law. Both criminal law and civil law can help you with this. Your choices really depend on: What happened What you want to achieve now. Your budget. You may need to use the courts if: Your partner is violent and the police attended the incident. You call the police after the event of your partner being violent. A third party informs the police about possible abuse from your partner towards you or your children. You consult a solicitor about violence from your partner. In all these events the laws is consistent but you will use it in slightly different ways and you will have different choices to make. Here are examples: The police are called to the incident after your partner has been violent towards you. The police should immediately try and protect you and your children They could arrest your partner if a crime has been committed. Your partner may be placed in custody and

Domestic violence help

Help if you have been abused. You need to get yourself and your kids out of harms way. If you experience a violent incident contact the police dial 999. Tell the operator where you are right away, before giving details of the incident. This helps them get help out to you asap. The police service are skilled and knowledgeable in dealing with incidents such as domestic violence. They may arrest your partner, and take you and your children somewhere safe. They can give you help and advice about safe and temporary housing. If you want to get help after the incident, you can still ring the police, but use the local number which can be found in the phone book. Ask to speak to a community safety officer who can then advise you of your options. If you decide to move out of your home while your decide what course of action to take, you will not loose right to your house. If you have been abused in the past, or you think you are going to be abused, you may be able to make a planned escap

What can I do if family is abusing me?

Domestic violence statistics show a steady increase in volicent crimes at home. Domestic violence facts are hard to come by as victims maybe scared to come forward or trying to build up some kind of domestic violence defense. This website has been split into sections to help people get the right advice in deaing with the situation and getting domestic violence help.   The most important thing is to make yourself safe. Then you need to take legal steps to avoid it in future. The information below is a guide to both. It will tell you what you can do if partner is physically abusing you and there is a section to help if this person is not your partner. Could it be my fault? No matter what, nobody has the right to be violent or abusive towards you. The law will protect you, regardless of who is to blame. Domestic violence and abuse is always wrong, no matter what. Multiple offenders . what can I do? It doesn.t matter if you haven't reported the first time. Likewise, it doesn